Friday, July 2, 2010

Horoscope

While I'm not in the habit of extending much if any credibility to horoscopes, I suppose it goes without saying that those born on this date (especially if their birth occured in the 1960's) enjoy a special place in the pantheon of humanity. They tend to exhibit an array of great-making properties--and one in particular to a degree not exhibited by others. Specifically, they possess that remarkable trait of being born on July 2nd. In fact, I would go so far as to say that this enviable trait is totally absent from the rest of the population (surely a source of distress and inevitable jealousy for the unfortunate masses).

Thankfully, I am not among the deprived majority, at least on this front. And so I will spend today expressing my gratitude, primarily by going on walks in the pleasant northeastern sunshine, hugging my kids, eating lobster, and drinking margaritas (but probably not all at the same time).

1 comment: