Thursday, February 9, 2012

Opening Night for Love


Tonight's the night! It's opening night for the hilarious (and slightly naughty) musical comedy, "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" at Town & Gown Theatre in Stillwater, OK.

The brilliant cast is depicted above. I provide the violin part. There are more than 20 musical numbers--and the violin is featured in almost all of them. So I've been busy practicing things outside my usual classical repertoire (tango, blues, jazz, even some serious rock violin!). Here's me posing with the pianist (Gloria) and music director (Cody):


I'm sure that were I to reflect on it for long enough, I could connect themes in the show with the kinds of issues I typically discuss on this blog...but I don't want to. So nya. Instead, I'm going to go practice the bit I stumbled over during dress rehearsal last night. Then I'll probably spend a few moments thinking and writing about Simone Weil.

2 comments: